Since I had to leave the RV park I was staying in Pensacola because it was booked for the weekend, I used that time to go St. Augustine to pick up the remaining items out of my storage unit. While packing the house to move to Washington, I set aside things I thought I could use on the boat. No sense moving it to Washington to bring it back. I got a storage unit and put all the boat stuff there.
When I took possession of the boat in July, I made a trip to the storage unit with the rental car, however the entire contents of the storage unit would not fit in the car. At that time, I filled the car with what I needed immediately. In returning to the storage unit recently, I was able to pick up the remaining items and cancel the unit.
Getting back to the boat with another carload of things, I quickly made a mess of all the work done so far. Since I had already removed lots of things off the boat, there was room for this load. Of course, it all needed to be sorted like everything else. I think a lot of stuff is going back to Washington with Linda when she picks up the RV to take it back. When I started hoarding stuff in the storage unit, I was planning to get a 42-foot boat. The one I got is 36-foot. That difference of 6 feet is huge.
I am now spending time fixing and updating things as I find them. Great progress has been made with two thirds of the boat (inside) sorted. I got sheets installed on the bunks. I am now moving small piles of stuff back and forth. I try and find places to store these, but I tend to move it often because it’s in the way of whatever fix needs to be done. The same is true for the drawers I have done. I needed to empty one so I could work behind it. At least I have some space to work with now.
The front is the last section to do. I have been chipping away at it, but I am in fix-it mode now.